Representative Transactions and Matters
Technology, Data and Intellectual Property Agreements
- Drafted template agreements to meet regulatory standards and requirements.
- Negotiated technology and data licensing, delivery, facilities management and related agreements.
- Provided legal counsel regarding establishment of computer data centers.
- Provided legal counsel to academic researchers on commercialization of IP and results of research.
- Supervised internal and external counsel in successful defense of bet-the-company IP infringement case.
- Managed commercial disputes and cross-border employment litigation.
- Managed drafting and filing SEC Form S-1 for internet start-up.
- Supervised international legal team in cross-border acquisitions.
- Negotiated corporate structure and IP allocations for financial services joint ventures.
- Reviewed purchase and assumption agreements for multiple banking transactions.
- Advise clients regarding potential structuring of joint ownership deals with business partners.
- Advised startup restaurant in deal with investor.
- Drafted comprehensive compliance manuals for regulated financial institutions.
- Devised and managed compliance program for SEC-regulated investment advisor.
- Staff attorney at Federal Reserve Board reviewing bank holding company questions.
- Served as Acting Head of HR for technology firm during months’-long search for a new Head of HR.
- Drafted and administered Employee Handbooks and employee template agreements for employers.
- Established online anti-harassment and discrimination training for international workforce.
- Counseled employers and employees on applicability of EEOC and other non-discrimination laws.
- Counseled clients on applicability of NYC Human Rights laws, wage and hour laws and penalties.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Provided legal and operational counsel regarding planning for Y2K and 2005 NY Transit Strike.
- Served on executive teams after 9/11 and 2003 NYC blackout to restart operations.
- Provided legal counsel regarding preparation for disasters related to operational and technology risk.
Business Administration and Corporate Governance
- Managed insurance relationships.
- Performed Board Secretarial duties.
- Worked across business functions to establish and manage company record-keeping and filing systems.
- Negotiated lease and build-out of raw commercial space for flagship sales and executive offices.
Business Operations Advice and Counsel (sample matters)
- Work as a team member on client’s issues related to manufacturing operations.
- Advise clients on risks related to locating businesses in or near flood zones.
- Advise clients on operational and risk issues connected to locating in co-working or incubator spaces.
- Advise food manufacturer on requirements of koshering rules and creation of strategic partnerships.
- Advise restaurant startup on structuring deal with investors and continuing business questions.
- Advise commercial information startup on formation, share issuance, development, intellectual property.
- Advise consultant to not-for-profits on structure of deal with business partners.